Thursday, January 31, 2008

What's in a name?

Today was a fairly uneventful day so far as the project. I contacted my supervisor regarding the kind of resources that we have available and he put me in touch with Ross Turner who is a PhD student at the University. Seemingly he's done a lot of work with GPS including a project called `Roadsafe`, so hopefully he has a lot of information that I can put to good use. I'm still waiting to hear back from him.

Software wise the Eclipse Java IDE has been installed and configured to make use of Tortoise SVN for version control. This will make things easier when I realise that I'm marching swiftly down a blind alley and need to retrace my steps in order to proceed in a more `correct` fashion.

The project is to be called `Little Brother` in a nod to George Orwell's 1984. I find the whole tracking people through GPS a little scary - particularly as we're writing stories about the things they get up to...

No comments: